Thursday, November 20, 2008

HOUSE OF MARS : Talking...

Talking to one's self

Talking to one's self sounds so crazy and weird. . but it is not! Of course you wouldn't take a chance talking out loud in a public place would you? Surely, people would reasonably think that you are going nuts! Worst scenario here would be; people might think that you really are and they would end up calling authorities and in your profound wildest dream would lead you somewhere that you may least expected it. So, be wary and choose the right place to where and when you talk to your self. For me? I talk to my self for just simple heart-warming reasons and if you dread me for this? I am sorry but one thing I could assure you, I am not crazy but I just want to do this my way.

I talk to my self when I am sad; it gives me a feeling of relief in the end;

I talk to my self when I am in trouble; it gives me the ability to weigh things rationally;

I talk to my self when I am mad; it gives me the time I need to calm down;

I talk to my self when I feel hopeless; it gives me the pleasure to think optimistic;

I talk to my self when I had a fight with a loved one; it would strike me a chord and act;

I talk to my self when I am so damn exhausted; it would always loosen me up;

I talk to my self when I lost something; it gives me the assurance that I could still have those back someday;

I talk to my self when I am pressured at work; it would guarantee me the comfort of my bed at the end of the day;

I talk to my self when things go wrong; it would justify me that tomorrow is another new day;

I talk to my self when I am lonely; it would give me a direction to the store to grab an ice cream for a treat;

I talk to my self when I am bruised; it gives me an energy to re-collect myself with courage;

I talk to my self when I am bored; it would remind me to do something new and different;

I talk to my self when I felt so sluggish; it would remind me to get my energy and muscles back;

I talk to my self when I am wounded; it would remind me that sulking has no place in my heart;

But. . . .

I also talk to my self when I am happy; it gives me a gratifying big smile;

I also talk to my self when I have done well; it gives me a feeling of self worthiness;

I also talk to my self when I have won in a game; It pats me big time on my back;

I also talk to my self when I have finished my job on time; it assures me of my competency at work;

I also talk to my self when I have helped someone in need; It humbly assures me of my social obligation to others;

I also talk to my self when I made someone happy; it assures me of my capability;

I also talk to my self when I love someone; it would give me more reasons to love;

I also talk to my self when I have made my pet happy; it gives me a norturing feeling and a rewarding purr;

I also talk to my self when I have done things new to me; it would show me my other raw (untapped) potentials;

I also talk to my self when I thought about my family; it gives me a sense of longing ness;

I also talk to my self when i have seen flowers and greens; it assures me of my appreciation to nature;

I also talk to my self when I have acquired new things; it would remind me that it is not always work and indulgence is ok;

I also talk to my self when I have pacified differences; it gives me the confidence to bridge gaps ;

I also talk to my self when someone made me feel special; it would make me buy a rose and thank the person a 100X.

Undeniably yes, I talk to my self a whole lot and the good thing is? It works wonder on me. It gives me the capability to use my faculties to evaluate things, enjoy my feelings I have inside and the feeling of gratitude that I have afterwards, is a blissful reward. I am not crazy-crazy and weird-weird kinda' person but I talk to myself whenever I feel like connecting to my self and whatever state of senses I am in . . . just like I am talking to you or to anybody else.

In this world where "temporary" is a dog-eared statement and people around us tend to be unreliable and volatile as they too oftentimes gobbled by their own problems, concerns and priorities as well, we tend to shy away and distance ourselves a little and say oopps! not because they don't have ready answers for us but because demanding even a little time from them is somewhat too much for us to humbly ask for. In moments like this, we develop our own approaches and defences on how to deal with our own emotions, judgments, worries, uncertainties, questions and even happiness, joy, excitement and pleasure just to keep our sanity at bay, and the only person you could readily rely on is no other than Y-O-U - - then rely and lean on to that, talk to your self and you will be surprised to see how reliable and wonderful your shots would be that you do not need any intervention of any sort to appraise and evaluate things within our very own range of able reasoning. After all, you couldn't say no (to yourself). . . . could you?

No comments: